Be a VA
Find a VA
Verify a VA
AssistU VA Spotlight
AssistU is proud to put Pam Ryan in the spotlight!
Hello! My name is Pam Ryan and I started Virtual Ringmaster, LLC in 2008.
Before I began working as a full-time VA, I tried out a lot of things on my way to learning what I want to be when I grow up!
Here's the resume stuff:
* Bachelor of Science degree from the State University of New York at Fredonia (Communications major, English minor).
* Spent 11 years in Washington, DC working for two trade associations as secretary to the Meeting Director, Business Manager, Assistant to the President, and Manager of Office & Customer Services.
* Moved to northeast Ohio where I worked for a manufacturing company for six years as executive assistant and customer service rep.
So then what happened?
One day when I was 40 I literally looked around my workspace (a.k.a. the customer service bull pen) and realized I didn't want to be sitting in the same seat on my 50th birthday. I spent a year debating with myself, praying for divine guidance and reading lots of career books. Ultimately I told my boss I quit!
I noodled around for a while and circled back to virtual assistance, which I first heard about in the late 90's when the industry was just getting started. I completed AssistU's 20-week Virtual Training Program in 2008 and started my full-time VA business right away.
I never dreamed of being self-employed yet it's one of the best decisions I ever made! The people I meet are fabulous, I get to do interesting work and I don't have to tell anybody I'm taking a bathroom break!
Clients look to me for general administrative support that is customer service related. I love to interact with my clients and their customers (domestic and international)! My support happens so seamlessly that people often don't realize I'm a virtual assistant.
It isn't easy for me to talk about myself so I'll share some descriptions about me that I frequently hear from others: Calm, centered, professional, great phone voice, down-to-earth, collaborative, reliable, caring, and upbeat. (Yes, I was a Girl Scout!)
Now that I'm my own boss, I have energy for life outside of work! You might find me…
* Enjoying nature, especially the birds and flowers in my backyard.
* Sipping a cup of strong black tea while reading something inspirational.
* Taking photos.
* Traveling to new places.
* Walking the beach along Lake Erie.
* Watching PBS "Masterpiece Classic" or "Masterpiece Mystery."
* Drinking a glass of chardonnay or merlot, likely on my back patio or at a winery.
* Snapping pieces into a jigsaw puzzle.
For more information about Pam Ryan, please visit her website at http://www.virtualringmaster.com.
And, check out Pam's conversation with AssistU Founder, Anastacia Brice, in our Interview With a VA Series, to learn more about her!
Copyright © 1994-2014 by Anastacia Brice and Assist University, all rights reserved. Text, graphics, and HTML code are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.